DVLS Pressure Station
The DVLS Pressure Station allows a safe and representative sample introduction of (liquefied) gases. The Pressure Station introduces a (liquefied) gas sample into a chromatographic system and keeps the pressure at a constant level. The Pressure Station is included in the DVLS Liquefied Gas Injector.
Safe & Representative Sampling of (Liquefied) Gases
For a representative analysis, the liquiefied gas sample must remain in the liquid phase under constant pressure during the injection process. This is especially required for LPG or other liquefied gases.
The sample cylinder is mounted onto the Pressure Station using quick connectors. For liquefied gas samples the Pressure Station adds high pressure Nitrogen to the sample cylinder, which controls the outlet pressure and flow. The sight glass enables a visual check of the liquid phase of the sample. The sample is introduced as a liquid using an external injection device such as a Liquefied Gas Injector or a Liquid Sampling Valve.
Optionally the Pressure Station can also be configured with a vaporizer to prevent freezing of the sample waste. The waste sample is vented to a central waste system to ensure laboratory safety.
The use of high pressure Nitrogen enables the Pressure Station to control the outlet pressure & flow. This technology has been proven in several applications that require a representative sample introduction, such as:
- Liquefied gases
- Liquefied vaporized gases
- Representative injection of (liquefied) gases into a GC or LC system
- Flexible design allows various configuration options
- Safe and easy connection of sample container
- Proven technology used in various applications
- No need for sample preparation
The design of the DVLS Pressure Station offers you a high flexibility. Select from the following configuration options to fully meet your requirements.
- A configuration dedicated to the introduction of liquefied gas samples;
- A model configured for the introduction of gases & liquefied gases;
- A configuration for the introduction of gases;
- Various brands of quick connectors such as Swagelok, Walther and Staubli to enable the use of different cylinder sizes.
The Pressure Station is included in the DVLS Liquefied Gas Injector : a GC solution that has been standardized as ASTM D7756 and EN 16423 for the analysis of residue in liquefied petroleum gases by gas chromatography. The Pressure Station is combined with the DVLS Fast Peroxide Analyzer: a flow injection system that uses an Agilent II HPLC hardware configured with a DVLS Reaction Module for the analysis of Peroxide traces in 1,3-Butadiene.