Privacy plays a key role in the collaboration between you and Da Vinci Laboratory Solutions. This privacy statement describes how we carefully collect, store and manage your personal data.
About Da Vinci Laboratory Solutions
Da Vinci Laboratory Solutions (DVLS) was established as a service provider within the laboratory sector in 2000. Since then, Da Vinci has become the versatile partner for laboratories by offering chromatographic solutions for all analytical challenges from sample preparation, analysis, reporting, data management and consumables up to the provision of technical support.
Da Vinci Laboratory Solutions B.V.
Contact person: Jerney van den Berg, Office Manager
3047 BP Rotterdam
T: +31-(0)10-258 1870
Which personal information do we collect?
Personal information we collect from or about you may include:
- Your first name, surname, contact details (e-mail address, telephone number), gender;
- Information about your company where you work: company name, industry, your position, your department/division, postal address, billing address, delivery address, payment information, contact information and order information;
- Your communication preferences and all other (marketing) communications such as subscription to the newsletter, your reading behaviour with regard to the newsletter and your downloads of product information via the website. For more information, see the statement about cookies;
- Camera images for surveillance purposes.
How do we collect your data?
We collect your personal information in different ways:
- Data that you provide (online or offline) to Da Vinci, for example when contacting us, ordering our products and/or services, subscribing to the newsletter, enlisting for a training or event or applying for a vacancy at Da Vinci;
- Data that we may (automatically) receive when you visit our website, as well as any other personal information you provide to us through a completed contact form;
- Data that we receive as a distributor of a number of manufacturers in the Benelux;
- Data that you provide to Da Vinci during an exhibition or another event.
Does Da Vinci use camera surveillance?
Da Vinci uses camera surveillance to increase safety in and around the office building. Cameras can hugely compromise the privacy of those recorded on film. To ensure the best possible privacy, cameras are only used when there are no other ways to achieve the goal. Only authorised personnel is allowed to view the camera images, which are erased after 1 week if nothing special can be seen. Da Vinci only passes the images on to parties such as the police or insurance companies if there are cases that are punishable or have caused damage to the property.
Why do we collect your personal data?
We process your personal information mainly for commercial purposes, for direct sales and marketing of our products and services, and for the provision of technical support.
What are the bases for the processing of your personal data?
The legal bases for processing your personal data are:
- For entering into or executing a contract/order, for example, for the delivery of goods and/or services you have ordered;
- For providing you in our legitimate interest with product news and promotions through direct marketing via our newsletter and the magazine LabVision;
- For compliance with legal obligations, for example the mandatory payment record keeping of 7 years for the tax authorities.
How long do we keep your data?
Da Vinci does not keep your personal data any longer than is necessary for the delivery of its products and services, or as stipulated in the Dutch national archives law (“Archiefwet”). When personal data are registered which are no longer needed, they will be deleted as soon as possible. This means that these data will be destroyed or modified in such a way that the information can no longer be used to identify someone. In case you have unsubscribed to direct marketing items we will keep only the essential data to update the blacklist.
Do we share your personal information with third parties?
We do not share, sell or trade your personal information with/to third parties without your consent, except as described below:
- We may share your personal information with different third parties, for example to deliver your order or to sign you up to get access to the facility (e.g. production or demonstration location) of our manufacturer. These third parties are for example: our manufacturers, supply and technical services, financial institutions and government agencies. We offer these third parties only that personal information they need to deliver services and goods efficiently;
- We may share your personal information with the non-profit foundation LabVision, which aims to create a knowledge platform for laboratories in the Netherlands by distributing a magazine and running a website;
- We also do business with suppliers who process your personal data on our behalf and help us efficiently exploit our company, for example with suppliers in technical, payment, hosting, webmaster and delivery services. We are responsible to ensure that these companies commit to the applicable personal data protection legislation, by concluding a "processor agreement";
- We will share your personal information with third parties if required to do so by law.
How do we protect your data?
We think it is important that your personal data is protected against loss or unauthorised access. Therefore, Da Vinci has taken appropriate technical and organisational security measures. For example through access control, storing your information in the cloud on secure servers, and securing our website and webshop with HTTPS.
Most of the data is stored and processed within the EU/European Economic Area (EEA). If it is necessary to transfer your personal data outside the EU/EEA, for example because a data center or our supplier is located there, we will ensure that we have a specific legal basis for transferring personal data to a country outside the EU/EEA.
Does Da Vinci use profiling?
Da Vinci uses personal data to create profiles via:
- Registration of your website downloads;
- Registration of your reading behaviour of the newsletter.
When visiting the Da Vinci website, your equipment automatically places analytical and functional cookies necessary for the proper functioning of the site. These cookies also differentiate visitors and analyse their search behaviour with the help of Google Analytics. According to the law, no prior authorisation is required for this. Da Vinci works with privacy friendly settings, in which personal data such as an IP-address are automatically anonymised. Furthermore, we do not share data with third parties and do not use other Google services such as AdWords for profiling and showing ads.
You can choose to disable cookies. You do that by using the capabilities of your browser. You can find more information about these possibilities on the website of the provider of your browser.
What are your rights?
Regarding your personal information you have the following rights:
- Right of access: Data subjects have the right to ask Da Vinci if his/her personal data are processed and have the possibility to verify, and in what way, his/her details are processed;
- Right to rectification: If it becomes clear that the data is not correct, the person concerned may submit a request to Da Vinci to correct this;
- Right of opposition: Persons concerned have the right to request Da Vinci to use their personal data no longer;
- Right to be forgotten: In cases where the data subject has given his consent to process information, the person concerned has the right to have the personal data removed;
- Right to restriction of processing: To request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute with regard to the correctness or processing of your personal data. This means that we may store the data, but may not process it further.
- Notification obligation: Da Vinci will communicate any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing carried out, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
- Right to object: Data subjects have the right to object to the processing of his/her personal data. Unless there are justified grounds for the processing, Da Vinci will comply. We publish this privacy statement to inform you about what we do with your personal information. We strive to be transparent about how we use your data;
- Right to revoke permission: Data subjects have the right to revoke their permission to receive the newsletter, or to stop receiving LabVision magazine, anytime.
How to file a complaint?
Do you still have questions?
Changes to privacy statement
This privacy statement was last modified on August, 24th 2018. Da Vinci can modify this privacy statement. New versions are always published on the website. We therefore recommend that you consult this statement regularly, so that you will be informed of any changes.