DVLS Butadiene Analyzer
1,3-Butadiene is used to produce synthetic rubbers, nylon and plastics. As Butadiene contains approximately 100 ppm inhibitors and also forms Butadiene Dimer it is essential to control all product specifications. Da Vinci Laboratory Solutions introduces the All-In-One Butadiene Analyzer that determines the complete product specifications in a single run; including the hydrocarbon composition, impurities such as Dimer, inhibitors and other impurities.
Analysis of Composition and Impurities in Butadiene, Crude C4 and Raffinate
The All-In-One Butadiene Analyzer is based upon the Agilent 8890 Gas Chromatograph (GC) and consists of two channels. Each channel is configured with its own sampling technique and detector. The dual channel configuration enables a simultaneous analysis of the Butadiene specifications within 30 minutes.
The front channel is configured with a Liquid Sampling Valve and/or a Gas Sampling Valve for the analysis of:
- Hydrocarbon impurities at ppm level;
- Butylene/Crude C4/1,3-Butadiene/Crude Butadiene/Raffinate composition.
The back channel is configured with a Liquefied Gas Injector for the analysis of:
- Dimer and Styrene content;
- TBC and EC3071 Inhibitors;
- Residual solvents such as BHT Inhibitors, NMP, DMF, Toluene and Acetonitril.
The All-In-One Butadiene Analyzer determines the complete product specifications in a single run; including the hydrocarbon composition, impurities such as Dimer, inhibitors and other impurities. The All-In-One Butadiene Analyzer complies with ASTM D2426, ASTM D2593, ASTM D4424 and following test methods:
- Custom Method developed by Da Vinci for the analysis of TBC Inhibitor, BHT Inhibitor, ACN, DEHA, DMF, NMP, Toluene, impurities and Residue
- BASF Method Part I-2 for the Gas Chromatographic Analysis of Hydrocarbons
- BASF Method Part I-3 for the Gas Chromatographic Analysis of VCH (Vinyl-Cyclohexene) in Gaseous C4-HCs
- BASF Method Part I-7 for the Determination of 1-methyl-2– Pyrrolidone in C4 fraction
- All-In-One Analyzer determines complete product specifications in a single run
- Solution complies with ASTM D2593, D4424, D2426, DVLS & BASF methods
- Analysis of Dimer, TBC and hydrocarbon composition within 30 minutes
- Customized DVLS method for detecting various inhibitors and impurities at sub ppm level
- Alternative to ASTM D1157 and ASTM D1025
- Dual channel configuration allows simultaneous analysis of the composition and impurities
- Innovative Liquefied Gas Injector and Pressure Station ensure lab safety
The DVLS All-In-One Butadiene Analyzer is based upon the Agilent 8890 Gas Chromatograph (GC) with built-in intelligence and electronic pneumatic control (EPC) configured with:
- Capillary columns
- Flame Ionization Detectors
- Split/splitless (SSL) Inlet and Cool on-Column (COC) Inlet
- Liquid Sampling Valve (LSV) and Gas Sampling Valve (GSV) for the sampling of liquefied gases;
- Liquefied Gas Injector (LGI) for the direct injection of liquefied gases;
- Pressure Station for a representative sample introduction.