GERSTEL Multi-Postition Evaporation Station mVAP
The GERSTEL Multi-Position Evaporation Station (mVAP) performs solvent evaporation enabling automated sample concentration for lower detection limits as well as solvent exchange for improved chromatography and LC/MS ionization.
mVAP is an option for the GERSTEL MultiPurpose Sampler (MPS): Up to 196 samples in standard autosampler vials can be concentrated in batches of up to six. Concentration is performed at user defined temperature, agitation and vacuum levels enabling highly flexible operation with mild temperature conditions and limited analyte loss.
Concentration in the mVAP can be combined with a wide variety of sample preparation and clean-up techniques such as SPE, dispersive SPE (DPX), liquid/liquid extraction or filtration with the significant benefit of automated injection of the concentrated sample into a GC/MS or LC/MS system. Every step is controlled by mouse-click using the MAESTRO PrepBuilder. Just one method and one sequence table is needed for the entire process including GC/MS or LC/MS analysis.
- Solvent exchange for GC/MS or LC/MS analysis
- Improved limits of detection
- Controlled evaporation using defined temperature, vacuum and agitation levels
- User defined mild evaporation conditions enable maximized analyte recovery
- Solvent vapors are condensed for safe removal
- Contamination-free through use of sealed autosampler vials
- Reduced staff exposure to potentially toxic solvents
- Concentration directly from elution/sample vials
- Compatible with 2 mL, 4 mL and 10 mL vials
- Parallel evaporative concentration of up to six samples
- Efficient PrepAhead overlapping of sample preparation and analysis