GERSTEL Pyrolysis System
The GERSTEL Pyrolysis system is the most advanced pyrolysis system, providing extremely accurate and reproducible results.
Flexible and efficient automated pyrolysis of solids and liquids
The GERSTEL Pyrolysis system enables highly flexible and efficient automated pyrolysis of solids and liquids at up to 1000 °C combined with determination of the thermal decomposition products using GC/MS. If required, thermal desorption and pyrolysis of the same sample can be performed in sequence, enabling the analyst to obtain the cleanest possible pyrogram and the maximum amount of information in the shortest possible time.
When combined with the GERSTEL MultiPurpose Sampler MPS, up to 120 samples can be automatically pyrolyzed. With just one method and one sequence table, the analyst can set up a complete suite of analyses, including thermal desorption, pyrolysis, and GC/MS analysis.
Pyrolysis GC often deals with the characterization of unknown samples. When the sample is unknown, it is a challenge to select appropriate instrument set-up and method parameter starting points. In a webinar held at the online Chromatography theme day on March 30, 2021 Eike Kleine-Benne of GERSTEL presented interesting information on the use of pyrolysis GC-MS to identify polymeric materials and how to approach method development in the most efficient manner.
- Multiple pyrolysis techniques available
- Pulsed pyrolysis
- Sequential pyrolysis
- Fractionated pyrolysis
- Thermal desorption with solvent venting and pyrolysis of the same sample
- Split or splitless operation
- Selectable cryo trapping
- Efficient and reliable automation
- Dedicated optimized sample holders for liquid and solid samples
- Resistance heating using Pt filament provides selectable pyrolysis temperature from 350 – 1000 °C
- Liner in liner system / No valve in sample flow path
- No carry over
- Flexible modular system
- MAESTRO integrated control