DVLS Transformer Oil Gas Analyzer IEC 60567 & ASTM D3612-C
The DVLS Transformer Oil Gas Analyzer (TOGA) determines the dissolved gas content in the transformer oil, which provides the diagnostic information on the current and future stability of the transformer. The DVLS TOGA analyzer complies with IEC 60567 & ASTM D3612-C to extract and measure gases dissolved in electrical insulating oil and to identify the individual gas component extracted.
Analysis of Dissolved Gases in Transformer Oil
The DVLS TOGA Analyzer uses the Agilent 8890 GC configured with a Headspace sampler and the innovative Revolving Table and the Degassing Unit developed by Sea Marconi.
The Revolving Table is a tool designed by Sea Marconi to improve the preparation steps for insulating oil samples for the Dissolved Gas Analysis (DGA) with the gas chromatography technique in the headspace. This sample preparation tool complies with IEC 60567:2015 as Oil-filled electrical equipment for the sampling of gases and analysis of free and dissolved gases.
The Degassing Unit optimizes the degassing process during the preparation of gas in oil standards for Dissolved Gas Analysis (DGA).
Since the presence of the dissolved gases reveals the faults of a transformer, these gases are also known as Faulty Gases. Examples of the faulty gases are:
- Inert Gases: Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide & Carbon Monoxide
- Hydrocarbons: Acetylene, Ethylene, Ethane. Methane
Several test methods are available to measure the dissolved or faulty gases in transformer oil:
- IEC 60567 based on an Oil-Filled Electrical Equipment for the Sampling of Gases and of Oil including a gas chromatographic analysis of Free and Dissolved Gases
- ASTM D3612-C based on a Gas Chromatographic analysis combined with a Headspace Sampler
The DVLS TOGA analyzer complies with IEC 60567 & ASTM D3612-C to extract and measure gases dissolved in electrical insulating oil and to identify the individual gas component extracted.
- Dedicated to dissolved gas analysis (DGA) of Transformer Insulating Oils
- Complies with IEC 60567 and ASTM 3612C to determine inert gases and Hydrocarbons in Transformer Insulating Oil
- Innovative Revolving table improves sample handling, dosing and preparation of transformer oils
- Degassing unit allows to prepare calibration samples on-site
- Analysis can be done with a GC-headspace configuration
The DVLS Transformer Oil Gas Analyzer uses the Agilent 8890 Gas Chromagraph (GC) configured with:
- a Purged Packed Inlet
- Analytical columns
- a Catalyst Assembly
- Bypass Valves
- an Agilent 8697 Headspace Sampler with Shaker
- a Sea Marconi Revolving Table
- a Sea Marconi Degassing Unit