DVLS Oxygenates/Aromatics Analyzer ASTM D4815/D5580
Da Vinci Laboratory Solutions offers a dedicated analyzer to characterize oxygenates & aromatics in gasoline. The analysis of the composition of oxygenated compounds, such as alcohols and ethers, in gasolines complies with the ASTM D4815 and the analysis of the composition of aromatic compounds in gasolines complies with ASTM D5580.
Analysis of Oxygenates & Aromatics
The system Analyzer contains one channel to determine oxygenates and a backflush to detector. In the same system using a different method the aromatics in gasoline or naphtha samples can be determined. An Automatic Liquid Sampler is used to inject a liquid sample.
The oxygenates in the sample are separated using a micropacked column and capillary column. The Aromatics in the sample are backflushed using the specified ASTM Method.
The aromatics in the sample are separated using a micropacked column and capillary column. The heavy aromatics in the sample are backflushed using the specified ASTM Method.
The Oxygenates/Aromatics Analyzer complies with ASTM D4815 & D5580. The lowest detection limit (LDL) of the DVLS Oygenates/Aromatics Analyzer is:
- to 20 Wt% for individual ethers, 0.1 to 12 Wt% for individual alcohols
- to 5 Vol% for benzene, 1 to 15 Vol% for toluene
- 0.5 to 10 Vol% for individual C8 aromatics, 5 to 30 Vol% for total C9 and heavier aromatics,
- 10 to 80 Vol% for total aromatics
The DVLS Oxygenates/Aromatics Analyzer is based upon an Agilent Gas Chromatograph configures with:
- Automatic Liquid Sampler
- Flame Ionization Detector (FID) with high scanning rate
- Thermal Conductivity Detector (TCD)
- Split/splitless injecter
- Custom made valve box containing a rotary valve
- Micropacked and capillary columns
The Agilent GC is controlled by Agilent OpenLab ChemStation software. Limslink software is used to connect to a Lims network and create sequences from LIMS.